I think you’ve covered the major bases for books we’ve discussed on this blog. I like to push the age discussion a little (if only to annoy Karyn Silverman 😉 so I’d like to see a 10-14 title on our list. I haven’t read a ton of those, but the one that stands out for me is The Water Castle, by Megan Frazer Blakemore. I haven’t read Fangirl, but our readers seem to have nixed that one.
I also haven’t gotten to September Girls or Yaqui Delgado, though I’d be happy to plow through any of them for discussion’s sake. I think considering that neither of us liked Maggot Moon much, we can’t give it much of a fighting chance.
I recently finished Rose Under Fire and Winger, and I may post further on them, but personally I’d vote against either one. On the other hand, I’m open to discussing them, so we can leave them on the list for now.
So that leaves us with an A-List of 10 titles that one or both of us is ready and willing to defend:
- Yellowcake, by Margo Lanagan
- Pieces, by Chris Lynch
- Far Far Away, by Tom McNeal
- Corner of White, by Jaclyn Moriarty
- Primates, by Jim Ottiviani
- Eleanor and Park, by Rainbow Rowell
- Midwinterblood, by Marcus Sedgwick
- 17 & Gone, by Nova Ren Suma
- Boxers, by Gene Luen Yang
- The Lucy Variations, by Sara Zarr
And a B-List of 6 books we either need to read or need reader support on:
- The Water Castle by Megan Frazer Blakemore
- Reality Boy, by A.S. King
- September Girls, by Bennett Madison
- Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass, by Meg Medina
- Winger, by Andrew Smith
- Rose Under Fire, by Elizabeth Wein
To cut that down to 8-10 titles, we need reader input. Tell us which books you want to discuss and/or see us discuss.